Monday, July 28, 2008

Prospect Park Photos

Not much to say about this show except that it was amazing. The Prospect Park bandshell shows are really enjoyable. The weather was luckily beautiful with a slight cool breeze. Con: I forgot how expensive beer is in NYC ($6 for a 16 oz. Bud), and since I refuse to drink Bud, it was $6 for a 12 oz. Red Hook instead. Pro: seating! I haven't been to a concert with seats since I used to go see Dave Matthews Band at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ (before it was Susquehanna Bank Center) - and I know, I never live that down. Although I got antsy when the bands played my favorite songs and went to stand up front with the other fans, it was nice to be able to sit and relax at first with a drink & friends until the sun went down.

Compelling sets by each band, including Bear Hands, even though one song had a slight stutter. This was a first time for me seeing Ghostland Observatory and, man, who knew pigtail braids and unbuttoned, traditionally-stitched shirts paired with some super slick dance moves and sunglasses would equal sexy as hell? Sure caught me off guard...

BEAR HANDS - listen
Ted on guitar - "Slides are for cool kids"

"Long & lean, G-d save the Queen!"

Val on bass guitar, energetic at center stage

THE JEALOUS GIRLFRIENDS - listen
I was so glad they played Organs in the Kitchen (my favorite)

Holly gets down, literally

GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY - listen
Aaron, i.e. McDreamy

No comments: